POSITION TITLE: Scientist OR Lead Researcher
COMPANY: Center for Proteomics and Metabolomics at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
LOCATION: Memphis, Tennessee
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Laboratory Sciences & Support
- Proteomics and Metabolomics
- Weekday Day
- Full Time
One Lead Researcher or Scientist position is available immediately in the Center for Proteomics and Metabolomics at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. St. Jude is a premier center for biomedical investigation located in Memphis, Tennessee, USA, is expanding its program in proteomics, metabolomics, and mass spectrometry. The hospital is seeking individuals to help lead this effort that will interface with the many world-class research programs within the institution.
About the Position:
The Lead Researcher or Scientist takes a lead role in project consultation, experimental design, data collection, data analysis, data visualization, and statistical analysis. The successful candidate will be someone who can communicate effectively, is an analytical thinker, takes initiative, is independent, does not mind being hands on and can adapt to evolving needs. If this position sounds interesting, please apply and we look forward to reviewing your resume and application.
The Center for Proteomics and Metabolomics provides both clinical and research investigators at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital with state-of-the-art Mass Spectrometers for protein and metabolite analysis. Services provided by the Center include protein identification by mass spectrometry, intact mass measurement of proteins and peptides, analysis of post-translational modifications, as well as large-scale quantitative proteomics, metabolomics and lipidomics (e.g., more than 10,000 proteins and 1,000 metabolites). Services also include initial consultation in experimental design, sample processing, acquisition of raw data and data analysis. Expertise is available in the Center and in the Bioinformatics group to assist with data analysis and interpretation. Since 2002 the laboratory has supported more than 130 principal investigators in 25 departments and contributed to more than 100 publications. The proteomics core consists of 10 mass spectrometers including a Bruker Tims-TOF SCP, two Exploris 480, Orbitrap Fusion, 3 Q-Exactive HFs, two Orbitrap Elites, and a Waters LCT.
What St Jude Gives to You:
- Generous time off policy
- Excellent health care with employer-paid employee insurance premiums
- Access to an on-campus gym
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Health Clinic and Pharmacy
- Immigration Services
Minimum Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific area is required.
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master's degree
- Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD
- Five (5) years of relevant, post-degree work experience is required
- Two (2) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master's degree
- No experience is required with a PHD
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer