Title: Bioinformatics Technology Manager
Company: Australian Proteome Analysis Facility
Location: Macquarie University, New South Wales, Australia
Summary: We are seeking an expert who is ready to join our team as Technology Manager – Bioinformatics. This role will lead the Bioinformatics team at the Australian Proteome Analysis Facility (APAF) at Macquarie University. Reporting to the APAF Manager you will:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of APAF's strategy, taking a lead role within the specialist stream of Bioinformatics
- Work with clients and APAF staff to develop and implement optimal Bioinformatics solutions and analysis ensuring that they operate in a robust, accurate, cost effective and timely manner
- Manage and contribute expert advice for the day to day operations, projects, initiatives and resourcing for Bioinformatics, ensuring a highly professional and effective service is provided to clients, team members, users and stakeholders
- Maintain knowledge, expertise and currency in sector trends and developments within Bioinformatics, working with stakeholders and the team to incorporate best practice and build protocols, capability and services.
- Establish, implement, document and test informatics methods, tools and capabilities
- Carry out validation and verification of tools and analyses to be used in NATA-accredited testing.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team
- Contribute to business development and service improvement initiatives to grow and expand APAF bioinformatics capabilities
Belinda Schiller, APAF facility manager
Link to full description.