HUPO 13th Annual World Congress in Madrid, Spain
October 5 – 8, 2014
The 2014 congress will be in Madrid, Spain, October 5-8, 2014, in coordination with the Spanish Proteomics Society (SEProt). The congress will be in conjunction with the 5th SEProt and 8th EuPA meetings.
Juan Pablo Albar
Fernando J. Corrales
Eliandre de Oliveira
The time zone in Spain is Central European Time (UTC+01:00)
Conveniently located 20 minutes from downtown by metro, you will find Campo de las Naciones, the main exhibition center of Madrid that is surrounded by hotels, restaurants and parks.
IFEMA – Feria de Madrid
Avenida del Partenón, 28042 Madrid
The Trade Fair Institution of Madrid has been staging events for over 30 years. Spain’s leading events center – one of the most popular in all of Europe – puts on a wide variety of commercial events for a whole host of industries. The Trade Fair Institution of Madrid is highly regarded for ingeniously managing its space and infrastructure for every type of activity: from trade fairs organized by third parties to conventions, from congresses to any other type of meeting you can imagine. The Trade Fair Institution aims to generate revenue for and facilitate the development of Madrid and the surrounding region by projecting a positive, proactive and business friendly image of the city.
ARRIVAL IN MADRID
- AIRPORT INFORMATION. The distance from Madrid Barajas Airport to central Madrid is 15 km (9 miles).
- TAXI. There are taxis outside each Terminal’s Arrivals area. Journey time to central Madrid is around 25-30 minutes depending on traffic.
- TRAIN. Madrid is connected with the city by subway system (METRO) or the Spanish Rail Network (RENFE) Journey time to central Madrid is around 25-30 minutes
- BUS. The Airport bus to the Plaza de Colon (Route 89) departs from the Arrivals area of each terminal from 04:45 am until 02:00 am. They operate every 15 minutes until 06:00, then every 10 minutes between 06:00 and 23:00. After 23:00 they operate every 16 minutes.
- CAR. For central Madrid take A-2 Barcelona route to M-30 highway. For M-40 highway take A-10 to Junction 3 or Junction 9. Journey time to central Madrid is 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.
Date(s) - 10/05/2014 - 10/08/2014